Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mrzyk

One word to describe Mrzyk: interesting. Most of the drawings I cam across were of the human anatomy or parts of it. I thought some of her pieces would fit well in a Shel Silverstein book. She is very simple in her drawing, with just outlines and occasional detail. Although her drawings are very basic, certain aspects stick out as exceptional work.




I really liked this drawing. I felt that the hair detail in this picture is very clean and neat. I don't know if Mrzyk intentionally did this, but the hair seems too detailed in contrast to the rest of the picture. I like how the artist uses circles in the hair and also in the beads of the bracelet, kind of connecting the picture. The red is also a nice touch.




I don't really understand the meaning of the picture, but the artist shows her capability of drawing outlines very well in this picture. Not much detail. Again, the lines are neatly drawn. Even some of the legs of the body parts (creepy) are drawn relatively parallel.




This drawing was probably the strangest to me, but it had a lot more detail than the other two I chose to look at. Both the right and left side have detailed hair, especially the lighting of the hair on the left. The shirt also has a lot of detail in the wrinkles and creases. It looks as if the person on the left is missing an arm. Maybe I'm just missing the "bigger picture"

No comments:

Post a Comment