Thursday, March 24, 2011

Daniel Guzman

Daniel Guzman's work uses a lot of the techniques we have learned in class. His work contains a lot of different ways to shade the objects being drawn. Although abstract, I liked a lot of his pieces.



This piece has shading in the face to give it more detail. It doesn't have a lot of detailed lines to make out the planes of the face, but I think the way he shaded it did a good job to make it look more realistic. In the hair of the people there is a shape to portray shininess, kind of like what we did with the cartoon activity.




The shading in this picture has more of a cross hatching look to it. I like the contrast of the black background to the white objects in the middle. I kind of feel that the focus of the picture (the woman and thing underneath her) are not really in sync with the background, which seems more scribbled and not given as much attention.




I'm not at all sure what this is. The top of the picture reminds me of the activity we did when we made the whole page black and erased it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment